Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] [OMPI users] Backward Compatibility of MPI Java Binding
From: Yoshiki SATO (yoshiki_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-01-10 10:33:20

> Yes -- IIRC, the Java interface isn't really dependent upon anything specific in the back-end C implementation of Open MPI. So I'm guessing/assuming that if you can build it, it should work against the 1.6 OMPI C engine just fine.

Sounds good :-) I'm going to try to build it anyway, and let you know if stucked.

> Is MPI-for-Java of interest to you? I ask because Ralph and I have been trying to figure out how to get the cycles to do more with the Java interface (e.g., make it more like a 1:1 set of bindings). Is this something you'd be willing to work on / contribute, perchance?

Yes. This is because one of our roles is enabling Java applications to run on top of the K computer (Fujitsu), which prevents user processes from TCP/IP communications directly. It only allows communications via customized openmpi (scheduler) between inter node communications. BTW, I don't fully understand what a 1:1 set of bindings mean. I believe that the interfaces defined in mpiJava was carefully designed to match the MPI spec, and then should be a 1:1 set of bindings. Otherwise, I'm willing to contribute something to make it better ;-)

Thanks,
--yoshiki