Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] [OMPI users] Backward Compatibility of MPI Java Binding
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-01-10 06:45:58

On Jan 9, 2013, at 10:30 PM, Yoshiki SATO <yoshiki_at_[hidden]>
 wrote:

> The 1.7's Java implementation under ompi/mpi/java seem to be able to build up independently. Do you think we can build just them and run it (via prunjava?) with our custom OpenMPI build based on 1.6?

Yes -- IIRC, the Java interface isn't really dependent upon anything specific in the back-end C implementation of Open MPI. So I'm guessing/assuming that if you can build it, it should work against the 1.6 OMPI C engine just fine.

Is MPI-for-Java of interest to you? I ask because Ralph and I have been trying to figure out how to get the cycles to do more with the Java interface (e.g., make it more like a 1:1 set of bindings). Is this something you'd be willing to work on / contribute, perchance?