Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] opempi with gcc4.8 on Mac OSX10.7
From: Paul Hargrove (phhargrove_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-12-14 21:51:12

Surendra,

There is no "release" of gcc-4.8 yet, and my experience (not Open MPI
related) with recent snapshots has encountered many bugs still to be fixed
before any release. Even if you could build Open MPI with gcc-4.8, I would
not (at this time) trust it with any "production" jobs.

Looking at the config.log you attached, it looks like your installation of
gcc is unable to run the "as" assembler, which probably means you don't
have Apple Xcode installed (which is the preferred source of the assembler
and linker on Mac OSX). So, I doubt that you can even build a "Hello,
World!" C program with your gcc installation - have you tried?

-Paul

On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 6:45 PM, <surendra_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Has openmpi1.6.3 been tested with gcc4.8?
>
> Attached is my config.log
>
> thanks,
> Surendra

Future Technologies Group