Subject: [OMPI devel] SVN tags/branch question
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-12-11 10:39:55

I need to re-issue the 1.6.x SRPMs with new spec files (because there have been bugs in them since at least 1.6.0 -- I'm not concerned with the 1.5.x series). All the spec file stuff is stored in the SVN tree under contrib/dist/linux. The spec file is named "openmpi.spec".

So here's my question -- where should I save this new stuff?

1. in the general v1.6 branch, under the names openmpi-<VERSION>.spec
2. in the tag branch for each release, under the name openmpi.spec
3. ...?

I'm leaning towards #1. Does anyone else have an opinion here?