Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] [EXTERNAL] Re: [OMPI svn] svn:open-mpi r27580 - in trunk: ompi/mca/btl/openib ompi/mca/btl/wv ompi/mca/coll/ml opal/util/keyval orte/mca/rmaps/rank_file
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-12-04 16:21:00

I see that Automake is including a .l.c rule. And I see that if I touch a .l file, it automatically runs flex to generate a new .c file, and then compiles that .c file. For example:

------
[13:19] jsquyres-mac:~/svn/ompi3/opal/util % touch show_help_lex.l
[13:20] jsquyres-mac:~/svn/ompi3/opal/util % make
Making all in keyval
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
  LEX show_help_lex.c
  CC show_help_lex.lo
  CCLD libopalutil.la
/usr/bin/ranlib: file: .libs/libopalutil.a(qsort.o) has no symbols
-----

So I guess I'd like to see a specific case where editing a .l file does not re-generate the .c file properly.