Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] C99 in wrapper compilers?
From: N.M. Maclaren (nmm1_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-11-20 10:35:38

On Nov 20 2012, Jeff Squyres wrote:

> While at SC, Brian, Ralph, Nathan and I had long conversations about C99.
> We decided:
>
> - all compilers that we care about seem to support C99 - so let's move
> the trunk and v1.7 to *require* C99 and see if anyone screams
> --> we're NOT doing this in v1.6 - mind you: we're not (yet) adding any
> C99 code to OMPI yet; we're just requiring a C99 compiler via configure

I very, VERY strongly advise you to decide what you mean by that. Very
few compilers that 'support' C99 do so for the whole language, and most
use the more system-dependent features in very different ways. In theory,
just enabling C99 could break code, and I know of a few ways that actually
occurs. I doubt that they will affect Open MPI.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.