Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] RFC: fix frameworks usage of opal_output
From: George Bosilca (bosilca_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-11-01 16:07:32

Nathan,

Here is a quick question regarding the topi framework.

- The mca_topo_base_output is opened unconditionally in topo_base_open.c:62

- with your patch, mca_topo_base_output is closed conditionally in topo_base_close.c:46, but only in case mca_topo_base_components_opened_valid and mca_topo_base_components_available_valid are NULL. However, mca_topo_base_output is set to -1 in all cases right after.

Why is that so?

In fact I think the mca_topo_base_close is entirely wrong. It should close all mca_topo_base_components_opened_valid component, then all mca_topo_base_components_available_valid components and then close the mca_topo_base_output and set it to -1.

  Thanks,
    george.