Subject: [OMPI devel] RFC: fix frameworks usage of opal_output
From: Nathan Hjelm (hjelmn_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-11-01 15:44:58

What: On close some frameworks either:
  1) close their output twice (calling both opal_output_close and mca_base_components_close), or
  2) don't close their output.

This patch ensures that all frameworks that call opal_output_open have exactly one call to either opal_output_close OR mca_base_components_close.

Why: I am working on cleaning up the MCA system in preparation for adding support for MPI_T_cvar_write. I came across this potential problem and figured it should probably be fixed.

When: Since this patch shouldn't take long to review I am setting a very short timeout: tomorrow (Nov 2), 12:00pm MDT.

Questions? Comments?

-Nathan Hjelm
HPC-3, LANL