Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] Compile-time MPI_Datatype checking
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-10-31 08:36:42

On Oct 31, 2012, at 3:45 AM, Dmitri Gribenko wrote:

>> With this patch, they'd get warnings about these uses, even though they are completely valid according to MPI.
>>
>> A suggestion was that this functionality could be disabled by default, and enabled with a magic macro. Perhaps something like:
>
> This is a vaild concern and a good idea for a FAQ entry.

Can we flip the orientation such that -Wmpi-type-safety needs to be specified to enable this behavior, rather than -Wno-mpi-type-safety is required to disable it? (or the equivalent -D's)

The rationale here is that correct MPI applications should not need to add any extra compiler files to compile without warnings.