Subject: [OMPI devel] OMPI developers meeting: Dec 2012
From: Ralph Castain (rhc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-10-23 16:42:33

Hi folks

Just letting people know that we have decided to host another Open MPI Developer's meeting this year, tentatively scheduled to start at 9am (Pacific) on Thursday 12/6, ending around noon on Fri 12/7, in San Jose, CA. Topics to be discussed should be entered on the OMPI wiki here:

https://svn.open-mpi.org/trac/ompi/wiki/Dec12Meeting

In addition, this year we will be giving a rolling "workshop" on the OMPI code design at Greenplum (just down the road in San Mateo) during that week. This will include:

* Jeff Squyres - an overview of the OMPI code architecture

* Brian Barrett - the MPI messaging stack

* Edgar Gabriel - MPI I/O

* Ralph Castain - ORTE state machine principles of operation, revised ORTE messaging stack

Other talks may be added as the schedule evolves (Sam Guitterrez may give one on "overlay networks" - still TBA). The meeting wiki referenced above will include the full schedule of these talks, and anyone is welcome to attend (please sign-up on the wiki). Additionally, Greenplum has volunteered to record the talks and will post them on the Web for interested parties that are unable to attend.

Ralph