Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] Cross Memory Attach: What am I Missing?
From: Gutierrez, Samuel K (samuel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-10-19 15:30:16

Hi Chris,

Thanks for all the info. Below is what can go into the FAQ. Any suggestions?

I'm trying to use the Cross Memory Attach (CMA) capability within the
shared-memory (sm) BTL, but am getting: "mca_btl_sm_get_sync: process_vm_readv
failed: 1." Why am I seeing this error message?

This may be due to insufficient permissions. CMA's usage requirements are
exactly the same as those required to successfully perform a ptrace wtih PTRACE_ATTACH.

On some systems, a modification to /etc/sysctl.d/10-ptrace.conf is required.

Change:
kernel.yama.ptrace_scope = 1

kernel.yama.ptrace_scope = 0

and restart your system so the change can take effect.

Thanks,

Sam