Subject: [OMPI devel] question about Open MPI collectives on shared memory
From: Shigang Li (shigangli.cs_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-10-17 10:57:55

Dear Open MPI developers,

I'm a graduate student and recently test some minibenchmarks using Open MPI
library on Xeon X5650 cluster. From the website of Open MPI, I know that
Open MPI can use

*sm BTL* to transfer data with high bandwidth via shared memory. My
question is that what about Open MPI collectives on shared memory? Were
they implemented and optimized on top of point-to-point communication or
utilizing shared memory separately?

Best Regards,

Shigang Li.