Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] [patch] Invalid MPI_Status for null or inactive request
From: George Bosilca (bosilca_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-10-15 08:30:43

Takahiro,

I fail to see the cases your patch addresses. I recognize I did not have the time to look over all the instances where we deal with persistent inactive requests, but at the first occurrence, the one in req_test.c line 68, the case you exhibit there is already covered by the test "request->req_state == OMPI_REQUEST_INACTIVE". I see similar checks in all the other test/wait files. Basically, it doesn't matter that we leave the last returned error code on an inactive request, as we always return MPI_STATUS_EMPTY in the status for such requests.

Thanks,
  george.