Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] RFC: Remove deprecated functions from mca_base_param
From: George Bosilca (bosilca_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-10-11 13:31:07

Good riddance.

While you are looking at the MCA, there is one important thing pending for years on the MCA front. There are quite a lot of places in the MCA base where we leak memory (string duplication most of the time). I don't know how hard this can be to fix, but it does make sense to fix it while cleaning up the MCA base.

  george.

PS: A simple "valgrind --tool=memcheck ompi_info" will show most of them.