Subject: [OMPI devel] RFC: Proposed Fix for mmap Bus Error Due to an Inadequate Amount of Disk Space
From: Gutierrez, Samuel K (samuel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-10-05 18:24:05

WHAT: Fix the bus error caused by an inadequate amount of space during opal_shmem_segment_create by testing whether or not the target mount has enough space to accommodate the shared-memory backing store. I admit that this isn't an ideal solution, but I can't figure out another way to test this sort of thing given the way ftruncate and mmap behave.

WHY: Provide a nice error message instead of a bus error. See: https://svn.open-mpi.org/trac/ompi/ticket/2827

WHERE:

opal/util/path.[ch]
opal/mca/shmem/mmap/shmem_mmap_module.c

WHEN: Sometime next week, if everything is okay.

Please test, because the following branch has only been tested on Linux and OS X.

Code can be found:

https://bitbucket.org/samuelkgutierrez/opaldf

Give it a whirl and tell me what you think.

Thanks,

Sam