This web mail archive is frozen.
This page is part of a frozen web archive of this mailing list.
You can still navigate around this archive, but know that no new mails
have been added to it since July of 2016.
Click here to be taken to the new web archives of this list; it includes all the mails that are in this frozen archive plus all new mails that have been sent to the list since it was migrated to the new archives.
> > I found some bugs in Open MPI and attach a patch to fix them.
> > The bugs are:
> > (1) MPI_SOURCE of MPI_Status for a null request must be MPI_ANY_SOURCE.
> > (2) MPI_Status for an inactive request must be an empty status.
> > (3) Possible BUS errors on sparc64 processors.
> > r23554 fixed possible BUS errors on sparc64 processors.
> > But the fix seems to be insufficient.
> > We should use OMPI_STATUS_SET macro for all user-supplied
> > MPI_Status objects.
> Regarding #3, see also a trac 3218. I'm putting a fix back today. Sorry
> for the delay. One proposed solution was extending the use of the
> OMPI_STATUS_SET macros, but I think the consensus was to fix the problem
> in the Fortran layer. Indeed, the Fortran layer already routinely
> converts between Fortran and C statuses. The problem was that we started
> introducing optimizations to bypass the Fortran-to-C conversion and that
> optimization was employed too liberally (e..g, in situations that would
> introduce the alignment errors you're describing). My patch will clean
> that up. I'll try to put it back in the next few hours.
Sorry, I didn't notice the ticket 3218.
Now I've confirmed your commit r27403.
Your modification is better for my issue (3).
With r27403, my patch for issue (1) and (2) needs modification.
I'll re-send modified patch in a few hours.
MPI development team,