Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] Open-mpi in red hat 7.3
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-10-03 14:12:03

Question: why such an old OS? Can you upgrade it? Fedora 7.3 (which is what I assume you mean) and gcc 2.96 are pretty ancient, in computer software terms -- gcc 2.96 is *over 12 years old*. That's an eternity.

Additional suggestion: we haven't tested with gcc 2.96 in quite a while, and don't maintain lists of what versions work with (really) old compilers; sorry. Ralph's suggestion is a good one -- start with the latest Open MPI (1.6.2) and see if that works. If it doesn't, work backwards in our release series and see which works for you (e.g., if 1.6.2 doesn't work, try the last release in the 1.4.x series -- 1.4.5. If that doesn't work, try the last release in the 1.2.x series -- 1.2.9. If that doesn't work, try the last release in the 1.1.x and 1.0.x series).