Subject: [OMPI devel] Continued Windows support
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-10-02 11:51:36

I am saddened to announce that Shiqing will be leaving the Open MPI community at the end of this month. He's moving on to other projects that do not involve Open MPI. Shiqing has single-handedly been supporting Open MPI on Windows for quite some time, and he's been doing a fantastic job of it. Thanks for all the work, Shiqing!

For the v1.6 series, even if we don't get a Windows-support-guy replacement for Shiqing, I think we'll be ok -- it's just bug fixes, and they're getting smaller. So I'm guessing/hoping that we won't break Windows support. If someone can volunteer to make Windows binaries (Damien?) for subsequent v1.6.x releases, I think we should be in good shape.

For the v1.7 series, I think we've got a larger problem. There's a bunch of things that are currently broken for Windows on the SVN trunk and v1.7 branch (e.g., the Win Verbs BTL, the new Fortran stuff, etc.).

*** Are there any volunteers to pick up Windows support for v1.7 and/or beyond?