Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] git tree mirror: I give up :-(
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-10-02 05:52:44

On Oct 2, 2012, at 2:02 AM, Bert Wesarg wrote:

>> 4. For anyone who wants to take this stuff over, I'm happy to share the local tree that I was using for the pulling-from-SVN and pushing-to-github, or you can feel free to re-create the tree yourself. I'm also happy to give whatever access you need to the OMPI organization on github.
>
> as far as I know, github.com has a svn-2-git conversion service too, but
> I never tried it though. Btw, I have also good git skills and using
> git-svn for local stuff, but never setup a git-svn-mirror, only a
> git-cvs-mirror.
>
> That said, while I'm currently not working on the Open MPI code, I'm
> nevertheless offer you my help.

Coolio. A few people have stepped up off-list and said that they would be willing to help:

- Eugene V. from Mellanox
- Brice G. from INRIA
- you

Having multiple people involved would be a Good Thing (for bus factor redundancy). Do you guys want to coordinate together?

I've added Eugene to the Open MPI organization on github; I think he was going to start looking at the issues today or tomorrow. I can certainly add more people to the github; just let me know.