Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] git tree mirror: I give up :-(
From: Bert Wesarg (Bert.Wesarg_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-10-02 02:02:55

Hi,

On 10/01/2012 10:22 PM, Jeff Squyres wrote:
> Brice pinged me off list and said he *might* have a look at this later this week.
>
> In case anyone else might be interested in taking over the git SVN mirror, here's a history of what has been done:
>
> 1. Eugene Voronov at Mellanox kindly provided 2 scripts that were the foundation for what I did in the git mirror. The final versions of them are attached:
>
> - make-git-clone.sh: made the initial git clone of the SVN tree
> - update-git-svn.sh: run every 30 mins to pull from SVN, merge to all the relevant branches, and push to github
> - authors.txt: a file I made with all the SVN IDs and committer names (made via svn log + scripting + manual tweaks). You'll need this file to run the above 2 scripts.
>
> 2. To be honest, I don't fully understand the git-ness of what these 2 scripts are doing (which is why I'm giving this up).
>
> 3. The update script has been run via cron for several weeks and mysteriously stopped working (with a set of errors -- see attached) this past Friday. All updates since then have (predictably) failed because git is in the middle of a failed merge.
>
> 4. For anyone who wants to take this stuff over, I'm happy to share the local tree that I was using for the pulling-from-SVN and pushing-to-github, or you can feel free to re-create the tree yourself. I'm also happy to give whatever access you need to the OMPI organization on github.

as far as I know, github.com has a svn-2-git conversion service too, but
I never tried it though. Btw, I have also good git skills and using
git-svn for local stuff, but never setup a git-svn-mirror, only a
git-cvs-mirror.

That said, while I'm currently not working on the Open MPI code, I'm
nevertheless offer you my help.

Bert

--
Dipl.-Inf. Bert Wesarg