Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] Program prefix for OpenMPI binaries?
From: Ralph Castain (rhc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-09-08 20:41:26

On Sep 8, 2012, at 1:14 PM, "Dmitry N. Mikushin" <maemarcus_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Setting program prefix is disabled for OpenMPI compilation, could you
> please explain why?

I'm not sure I understand - setting the prefix is most definitely enabled and working. What version of OMPI are you concerned about?

> Consider we want to make a package containing OpenMPI packed together
> with our open-source compiler, that is installable on arbitrary Linux
> system. In this case, it would be very handy to add some program
> prefix to guarantee no confusion with other possibly installed MPI
> implementations visible through $PATH.

Are you saying that --enable-orterun-prefix-by-default is inadequate? This is the reason it exists - to avoid path confusion. If something further is required, please let us know and we'll see what can be done.