Subject: [OMPI devel] RFC: OMPI git mirror on
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-08-16 19:08:38

WHAT: Create a git mirror of SVN (just like we have for Mercurial), host it on (vs. hosting it on

WHY: LANL and Mellanox both asked for git mirrors

WHEN: Already done

LANL and Mellanox prefer git to Mercurial, so they asked me to setup a git mirror for SVN (similar to what we have for Mercurial: No problem; I did it.

I was trying to setup gitweb on and running into a few problems (I'm not super-familiar with the intricacies of git), and I had an epiphany: why not put the OMPI SVN git mirror on

There doesn't seem to be much of a reason to host the git repo on, and has lots of services that git people tend to like. So I did it.

What do people think?

1. Having a git mirror at all (I think this is a no-brainer, since some of our active developers want it)
2. Hosting it at instead of

Jeff Squyres
For corporate legal information go to: