Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] OpenMPI and SGE integration made more stable
From: Daniel Gruber (dgruber_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-07-27 08:53:41

Am 27.07.2012 um 14:39 schrieb Christoph van Wüllen:

> Am 27.07.2012 um 09:00 schrieb Daniel Gruber:
>
>> Setting the stack size limit to the vmem limit was fixed long
>> time ago in 2009 for SGE 6.2u3 hence it should work in
>> all later versions as well as in all SGE 6.2u5 successors
>> like Univa Grid Engine. Hence the exact version number
>> would be interesting.
>
> According to the rpm file name, sun-sge-bin-linux24-x64-6.2-2_1.x86_64.rpm,
> I am using 6.2u2 which came with the hardware.
>
> I guess 6.2u5 is the latest "free" version, since it is the basis
> for Open Grid Scheduler.

Yes, at Sun/Oracle this was the latest version with free courtesy binaries
we released.
A while after u5 the open source repository was closed and most of the
German engineers from Sun/Oracle moved to Univa, working on Univa
Grid Engine. Currently you have the choice between Univa Grid Engine,
Son of Grid Engine (free acadmic project), and OGS.

Daniel