Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] [patch] MOSIX support complete
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-07-13 19:30:53

On Jul 11, 2012, at 12:47 PM, Alex Margolin wrote:

> I'm not sure if anyone remembers, but I was working on Open MPI support for MOSIX in the form of several MCA modules (turned out to be BTL, ODLS, and RAS). It's pretty much finished now, thanks to your help (I got many useful tips and clarifications from this mailing list). As I said before, I would like to contribute it to the Open MPI trunk so anyone can use it. I'll keep maintaining it for the near future, and maybe other students (most likely from my lab) will continue my work and add more features.

Great!

How long do you think you (or someone) will be able to maintain it? I ask because we don't really have anyone in the current developer community with mosix experience... We've taken a few components from random contributors in the past, and they've ended up withering on the vine because no one supported them. :-(

> As for the formalities - My advisor (I'm a grad student) sent a signed contributor form, but we didn't get any reply... Anyway, the IP stuff aren't an issue.

Looks like IU sent me the notice a while ago, and I missed it -- so we got it!