Subject: [OMPI devel] ibcast segfault on v1.7 [was: reduce_scatter_block failing on v1.7]
From: Eugene Loh (eugene.loh_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-07-07 12:37:54

On 07/06/12 14:35, Barrett, Brian W wrote:
> On 7/6/12 2:31 PM, "Eugene Loh"<eugene.loh_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> The new reduce_scatter_block test is segfaulting with v1.7 but not with
>> the trunk. When we drop down into MPI_Reduce_scatter_block and attempt
>> to call
>>
>> comm->c_coll.coll_reduce_scatter_block()
>>
>> it's NULL. (So is comm->c_coll.coll_reduce_scatter_block_module.)
>>
>> Is there some work on the trunk that should be CMRed to v1.7?
> Yes. All in good time :).
Does this also apply to ibcast? These failures complicate wading
through MTT results, so we each have our own idea what "in good time"
means. :^( Anyhow, test ibm/collective/ibcast_f08 is segfaulting on
v1.7. If I look at nbc_ibcast.c:ompi_coll_libnbc_ibcast(), it looks
like "handle" is used before it's initialized. The trunk doesn't have
this problem. Anyway, here's one plea for cleaning up v1.7.