Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] RFC: Pineapple Runtime Interposition Project
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-06-26 10:10:08

On Jun 26, 2012, at 9:28 AM, Josh Hursey wrote:

> - ORCA: Open Runtime Collaborative Abstraction
> - OCRA: Open Collaborative Runtime Abstraction
> - OREI: Open Runtime Environment Interface
> - ORSL: Open Runtime Services Layer
> - ORRA: Open Runtime Resource Abstraction
> - ORTA: Open Runtime API
> - ORTI: Open Runtime Interface

I don't think I have much of an opinion here, other than perhaps "Open MPI" instead of "Open" -- just to imply that this is tied to Open MPI, not an open-100%-free-for-all interface (I'm not saying that the M from MPI has to be in the acronym, though -- similar to how Ralph re-branded ORTE a while ago to be the "Open MPI Run-Time Environment" vs. the "Open Run Time Environment").

My only $0.02: ORTA and ORTI actually work kinda well, because they're only 1 letter different than ORTE, implying a heavy similarity.