Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] OpenIB compile error
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-06-22 15:36:53

To update everyone: there was much more discussion about this off-list. :-)

We decided to do the following:

1. The name --with-verbs seems better than --with-openfabrics, if for no other reason than the name "openfabrics" encompasses more things than we intend with this name (e.g., udapl, psm, etc.).

2. There is a definite problem that needs to be fixed, but it is only partially related to the renaming. Basically: the proposed option renaming is occurring opportunistically with this bug fix.

3. We are *not* renaming the openib BTL at this time. It would be great if someone would do this in the future, hint hint!

4. The behavior of --with[out]-verbs is as was described in a prior mail:
  - if --with-verbs is specified, all 3 verbs-based components must succeed
  - if --without-verbs is specified, all 4 verbs-based components will not build
  - if --with-verbs=DIR is specified, all 3 verbs-based components must succeed and will use DIR to find verbs headers and libraries

5. The new collectives / non-blocking collectives will likely revise some more configury in this area when it comes in mid/late next week, because a bunch of verbs stuff moved out of the openib BTL and into common. Pasha and I will revisit this when all that stuff is merged in next week.

6. I'll be committing the current --with-verbs stuff right now in order to fix the bug that Brian is running in to.