Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] OpenIB compile error
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-06-21 14:41:43

On Jun 21, 2012, at 1:54 PM, Shamis, Pavel wrote:

> About naming - I would agree with Terry, it makes sense to name it after network API used for this btl - "verbs" (it is not obverts).

I don't think that "verbs" is terrible, but I think that "openfabrics" has more user-level recognition.

For example, if you ask a customer what kind of network stack they have installed on their machine, they'll say "I have OFED installed". They won't say "I have the verbs stack installed."

Jeff Squyres
For corporate legal information go to: