Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] OpenIB compile error
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-06-21 14:34:03

On Jun 21, 2012, at 11:10 AM, Shamis, Pavel wrote:

> OpenIB BTL is the primary source cause for existence of the OOB UD component.

Err.. I'm confused. These are two unrelated things.

I.e., there's no reason to think that OOB and MPI transport/protocol types are related. Indeed, we've been using TCP OOB and Verbs MPI transport/protocols for years.

> OFUD - with all the respect, this components is a leftover of the DR PML, which was removed from the trunk. I'm not sure why we keep OFUD in the trunk.

I'll know within the next month or three as to whether I'm interested in BTL ofud.

> Bottom line, on this stage the renaming seems totally confusing.

Why? OpenFabrics support is what both openib and ud (and hwloc and ofud) are all looking for. The name "OpenIB" has been defunct for *YEARS*.