Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] OpenIB compile error
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-06-21 09:30:31

On Jun 21, 2012, at 9:16 AM, Jeff Squyres wrote:

> 2. Have consistent behavior between the configury of all OFED-lovin' components (currently the 4 I listed), per your description:
> * --with-openfabrics[=DIR] means that all OFED-lovin' components must configure successfully, or fail
> * --without-openfabrics means that all OFED-lovin' component must not build

I'm sorry -- that's not quite correct.

hwloc will build regardless of whether you specify --with-openfabrics or not (because it doesn't *need* OpenFabrics support).

But the other 3 OpenFabrics-based components (ofud, ud, openib) must all succeed if --with-openfabrics is specified, and will not be built if --without-openfabrics is specified. Because all of these components *need* OpenFabrics support -- they cannot build without OF support.

Jeff Squyres
For corporate legal information go to: