Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] OpenIB compile error
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-06-21 09:16:30

On Jun 21, 2012, at 9:06 AM, TERRY DONTJE wrote:

> Ok, I think it is starting to sink in. the --with-openfabrics isn't declaring that one builds the openib btl but that the openfabrics stack is available to be used by any of the components that requires that stack (like the list above). So if someone specifies --with-openfabrics configure then tries to configure all components requiring the openfabrices stack. Likewise if someone say's --without-openfabrics none of the components requiring openfabrics will build?

Correct.

My proposal is two-pronged:

1. Unify the specification of the OpenFabrics stack location under the option name --with-openfabrics (and --with-openfabrics-libdir).

2. Have consistent behavior between the configury of all OFED-lovin' components (currently the 4 I listed), per your description:
   * --with-openfabrics[=DIR] means that all OFED-lovin' components must configure successfully, or fail
   * --without-openfabrics means that all OFED-lovin' component must not build

> If the above is right then I see the method to your madness and guess I agree with it.

K.