Subject: [OMPI devel] RFC: Remove non-standard MPI_MAX_NAME_LEN constant
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-06-14 13:52:24

WHAT: Remove non-standard MPI_MAX_NAME_LEN from mpi.h.

WHY: It looks like this was a carryover from LAM/MPI, but it's not in any MPI spec.

WHERE: mpi.h

TIMEOUT: This seems non-controversial, so I'll set the timeout to the teleconf next Tuesday: June 19, 2012

------

More details:

MPI_MAX_NAME_LEN is in mpi.h, but *not* in mpif.h, nor the C++ bindings. It looks like this is some kind of hold over from LAM/MPI, per the comment in mpi.h:

#define MPI_MAX_NAME_LEN MPI_MAX_PORT_NAME /* max port name length, non-std. (LAM < 6.3b1) */

This really should be removed to avoid confusion.

If there's any discussion needed, I'm happy to push back the timeout -- I'm just assuming that there won't need to be any.