Subject: [OMPI devel] orte_util_decode_pidmap and hwloc
From: Eugene Loh (eugene.loh_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-05-26 12:10:33

I'm suspicious of some code, but would like comment from someone who
understands it.

In orte/util/nidmap.c orte_util_decode_pidmap(), one cycles through a
buffer. One cycles through jobs. For each one, one unpacks num_procs.
One also unpacks all sorts of other stuff like bind_idx. In particular,
there's

     orte_process_info.bind_idx = bind_idx[ORTE_PROC_MY_NAME->vpid];

Well, if we spawn a job with more processes than the parent job, we
could have vpid >= num_procs and we read garbage which could and I think
does lead to some less-than-enjoyable experiences later on.

Yes/no/fix?