Subject: [OMPI devel] Unable to set flags using platform files in the 1.6 release
From: Gunter, David O (dog_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-05-23 13:49:21

I am trying to set LDFLAGS, CFLAGS, etc, in a platform file but the 1.6 release does not seem to pick these up.

Here's the tail end of one of our platform files, for building with the latest PGI compilers:

LDFLAGS="-nomp -lnuma"
CFLAGS="-I/opt/panfs/include"
CXXFLAGS="-I/opt/panfs/include"
FCFLAGS="-I/opt/panfs/include"
FFLAGS="-I/opt/panfs/include"
CCASFLAGS="-I/opt/panfs/include"

The same platform file will configure the 1.4.5 release just fine but does not work with 1.6. If I set these variables in my environment and then run configure, it works just fine - as expected.

Has anyone else noticed this behavior?

-david

--
David Gunter