Subject: [OMPI devel] ORTE async operations
From: Ralph Castain (rhc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-05-20 15:23:27

Hi folks

Just an FYI: I have committed a change to the developer's trunk that allows ORTE to use an asynchronous progress thread for application processes. This allows out-of-band communications to progress independently from any calls down into the MPI library. This capability is -only- on if you configure OMPI to use it by adding:

--enable-orte-progress-threads --enable-event-thread-support

to your configuration. I have only begun testing this, but so far found it to work fine with both shared memory and TCP btl's. We will be working on extending and further testing this capability as part of the 1.7 series objective of achieving complete MPI-3 compliance, so please feel free to experiment - and please do share your findings!

Thanks
Ralph