Subject: [OMPI devel] SVN sqlite breakage
From: Ralph Castain (rhc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-05-11 11:38:20

Hi folks

Those of you working with svn checkouts may encounter a problem if you attempt to "make dist", or see strange values for version info in "ompi_info". The reason for this is a recent breakage in sqlite as used by subversion:

>>> $ svnversion
>>> svn: E200030: sqlite: callback requested query abort
>>> svn: E200030: sqlite: callback requested query abort
>>> $ echo $?
>>> 1
>>>
>>> I've seen a number of other reports of this issue, including freebsd:
>>>
>>> https://www.google.com/search?q=svn%3A+E200030%3A+sqlite%3A+callback+requested+query+abort
>>>
>>> This error occurs when sqlite is upgraded to 3.7.11, it works fine
>>> with
>>> 3.7.10.
>>>
>> We use the RELEASE statement, which has a bug in 3.7.11, scheduled to
>> be fixed in 3.7.12. From
>> http://www.sqlite.org/draft/releaselog/3_7_12.html: "Bug fix: Fix the
>> RELEASE command so that it does not cancel pending queries. This
>> repairs a problem introduced in 3.7.11"

This causes "make dist" to fail, and you get a strange "no subversion" string in ompi_info. Nothing else is impacted - everything still builds fine, you can still commit/update, etc.

Just an FYI so you don't waste time (as I did) trying to figure out what went wrong...
Ralph