Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] Fortran linking problem: libraries have changed
From: Jeffrey Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-04-23 11:22:19

On Apr 23, 2012, at 1:40 AM, Eugene Loh wrote:

>> [rhc_at_odin001 ~/svn-trunk]$ mpifort --showme
>> gfortran -I/nfs/rinfs/san/homedirs/rhc/openmpi/include -I/nfs/rinfs/san/homedirs/rhc/openmpi/lib -L/nfs/rinfs/san/homedirs/rhc/openmpi/lib -lmpi_usempi -lmpi_mpifh -lmpi -lopen-rte -lopen-pal -ldl -lm -lpci -lresolv -Wl,--export-dynamic -lrt -lnsl -lutil -lm -lpthread -ldl
> Hmm, that's interesting. "mpifort --showme" in my case is *NOT* showing "-lmpi_usempi -lmpi_mpifh" and it *IS* showing "-lmpi_f77 -lmpi_f90".

Hmm. I can't imagine how that happened. The wrappers get these values from the wrapper data files in $prefix/share/openmpi/mpi*wrapper-data.txt. I can't imagine how mpifort-wrapper-data.txt is getting loaded with -lmpi_f77 -lmpi_f90. Weird!

> I guess I need to make sure that I'm actually picking up the post-Fortran-merge trunk build I think I'm picking up, but it sure looks to me like I am. Among other things, it recognizes mpifort as a command. I'll think about possible dumb mistakes more tomorrow.

Let me know what you find. Let's not exclude the possibility that this is a problem on the trunk somehow.

>> Did you change your MTT config to use mpifort instead of mpif77 and mpif90? If not, then they would indeed fail.
> That sounds like a different discussion. I try "mpifort --showme" and I see the problem. So, this is not dependent on mpif77 or mpif90. Plus, I thought those two commands were simply deprecated -- that is, they should still work.

Correct. They will still work -- they're sym links to mpifort, and should have the appropriate wrapper data files, too.