Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] Fortran linking problem: libraries have changed
From: Eugene Loh (eugene.loh_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-04-23 01:40:46

On 4/22/2012 9:53 AM, Ralph Castain wrote:
> Hmmm…I don't see that happening, Eugene:
>
> [rhc_at_odin001 ~/svn-trunk]$ mpifort --showme
> gfortran -I/nfs/rinfs/san/homedirs/rhc/openmpi/include -I/nfs/rinfs/san/homedirs/rhc/openmpi/lib -L/nfs/rinfs/san/homedirs/rhc/openmpi/lib -lmpi_usempi -lmpi_mpifh -lmpi -lopen-rte -lopen-pal -ldl -lm -lpci -lresolv -Wl,--export-dynamic -lrt -lnsl -lutil -lm -lpthread -ldl
Hmm, that's interesting. "mpifort --showme" in my case is *NOT* showing
"-lmpi_usempi -lmpi_mpifh" and it *IS* showing "-lmpi_f77 -lmpi_f90". I
guess I need to make sure that I'm actually picking up the
post-Fortran-merge trunk build I think I'm picking up, but it sure looks
to me like I am. Among other things, it recognizes mpifort as a
command. I'll think about possible dumb mistakes more tomorrow.
> Did you change your MTT config to use mpifort instead of mpif77 and mpif90? If not, then they would indeed fail.
That sounds like a different discussion. I try "mpifort --showme" and I
see the problem. So, this is not dependent on mpif77 or mpif90. Plus,
I thought those two commands were simply deprecated -- that is, they
should still work.