Subject: [OMPI devel] OPAL polling optimization
From: Alex Margolin (alex.margolin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-04-19 08:43:39

Hi,

I'm writing a new polling module and I stumbled upon some strange code:
The following function is implemented in
openmpi-trunk/opal/mca/event/libevent2013/libevent/signal.c :

evsig_add(struct event_base *base, evutil_socket_t evsignal, short old,
short events, void *p)

- It appears the three last paramaters are not used at all!
It's a coincidence that I'm just trying to register ANY signal handler
to interrupt my ppoll syscall, so It may work out,
but I'm not sure how I'm supposed to use this function to set my own
handler, not what the other parameters are for.
I've attached my patch for OPAL so far... I'll appreciate any advice.

Alex