Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] Non-zero exit status
From: TERRY DONTJE (terry.dontje_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-04-13 18:32:57

I could see if less then N processes exit with non-zero exit code that
the ORTE may choose not to abort the job. However, if all N processes
have exited or aborted I expect everything to clean up and mpirun to
exit. It does not do that at the moment which I think is what is
causing most of the hangs in the MTT trunk runs which did not occur
prior to this week.

--td

On 4/13/2012 5:18 PM, Ralph Castain wrote:
> This has come up again because some of the MTT tests depend on a specific behavior when a process exits with a non-zero status - in this case, they expect ORTE to abort the job. At some point, the default had been switched to NOT abort the job if a process exited with a non-zero status.
>
> So I'll throw this out to the community: if any process exits with a non-zero status, should ORTE abort the job?
>
> I don't personally care, but we ought to decide on something. In the meantime, I will set the default so we DO abort, thus allowing the MTT runs to complete correctly.
>
> FWIW: the MCA param orte_abort_non_zero_exit can always be set to control this behavior.
>
> Ralph

Developer Tools Engineering | +1.781.442.2631
Oracle *- Performance Technologies*
95 Network Drive, Burlington, MA 01803