Subject: [OMPI devel] Non-zero exit status
From: Ralph Castain (rhc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-04-13 17:18:12

This has come up again because some of the MTT tests depend on a specific behavior when a process exits with a non-zero status - in this case, they expect ORTE to abort the job. At some point, the default had been switched to NOT abort the job if a process exited with a non-zero status.

So I'll throw this out to the community: if any process exits with a non-zero status, should ORTE abort the job?

I don't personally care, but we ought to decide on something. In the meantime, I will set the default so we DO abort, thus allowing the MTT runs to complete correctly.

FWIW: the MCA param orte_abort_non_zero_exit can always be set to control this behavior.

Ralph