Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] trunk regressions
From: Ralph Castain (rhc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-04-09 11:21:14

FWIW: this isn't a bug in orte_dpm, but in the MPI binding for comm_join. The problem is that both sides in the comm_join are setting "send_first" to true - i.e., both sides are trying to be the first to send on the handshake. We got away with this before because of a bug in orte_dpm that made the value of send_first irrelevant, but that has now been fixed.

So someone needs to figure out how to properly set "send_first" in comm_join so that the two sides agree on who does what first. Looking at the code, it isn't obvious to me how one would do so as I don't see any rank info passed into the function.