Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] [EXTERNAL] Re: Debugger question
From: TERRY DONTJE (terry.dontje_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-03-26 14:17:28

Jeff was right in the recollection that this was mainly to test out that
accessing the fields in a structure was going to work in the debugger
plugin. If you remove some fields in ompi_win_t you can just remove the
corresponding GAP_CHECK line in the test. If you are removing fields in
the middle of the structure then you'll need to adjust the GAP_CHECK
lines so fourth parameter is the name of the previous field (or the
third parameter in the previous GAP_CHECK).

--td

On 3/26/2012 1:51 PM, Barrett, Brian W wrote:
> Thanks for the info.
>
> The window's going to be smaller (the predefined code already existed, so
> it shouldn¹t matter that much). There were a bunch of fields that really
> should have been in the module structure that was kept in the window
> previously.
>
> Brian
>
> On 3/26/12 11:44 AM, "Jeffrey Squyres"<jsquyres_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> I don't think so.
>>
>> IIRC, that test is mainly a sanity check to ensure we haven't broken
>> anything in the overall debugging scheme -- not necessarily that we are
>> using those specific fields. (Terry: can you confirm?)
>>
>> Could you replace one or two of those fields with any other fields on the
>> new window structure?
>>

>> On Mar 26, 2012, at 1:17 PM, Barrett, Brian W wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all -
>>>
>>> In ompi/debuggers/predefined_gap_test.c, there's set of tests looking at
>>> all the fields in a window structure. The other source files in
>>> ompi/debuggers/ don't seem to use most of those fields (since they
>>> really
>>> shouldn't be useful to a debugger anyway). I removed some of the fields
>>> as part of my MPI-3 RMA changes; is there anything I need to do other
>>> than
>>> remove those GAP_CHECK() calls in the test code?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Brian
>>>
>>> --
>>> Brian W. Barrett
>>> Dept. 1423: Scalable System Software
>>> Sandia National Laboratories

>> --
>> Jeff Squyres
>> jsquyres_at_[hidden]

Developer Tools Engineering | +1.781.442.2631
Oracle *- Performance Technologies*
95 Network Drive, Burlington, MA 01803