Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] Open MPI nightly tarballs suspended / 1.5.5rc3
From: Paul H. Hargrove (PHHargrove_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-02-28 18:40:19

Testing 1.5.5rc3 on a "representative sampling" of my many platforms
looks good.
In particular, I've retested various platforms that showed any
significant problems previously and found them to be fixed.

Though minor, I do see that the following patches I've posted are not
applied
+ Add a Mellanox PCI vendor ID to the device params file
http://www.open-mpi.org/community/lists/devel/2012/02/10615.php
     Posted 13 hours ago and not yet on trunk
+ Fix show_help_lex.l to avoid undefined behavior (and silence
associated warning from flex)
http://www.open-mpi.org/community/lists/devel/2012/02/10521.php
     Was applied to trunk as r25983
+ Reorder includes to avoid "'struct in_addr' declared inside parameter
list" warnings
http://www.open-mpi.org/community/lists/devel/2012/02/10484.php
     Was applied to trunk as r25984
Sorry if I've messed an exiting CMR for those last two.
No big deal if these are held back for v1.6, but figured I mention them
in case their exclusion was unintended.

I am assuming there is no interest in the MIPS atomics fixes, or the
PPC64 atomics work-around for an XLC bug.
MIPS 1of2: http://www.open-mpi.org/community/lists/devel/2012/02/10416.php
MIPS 2of2: http://www.open-mpi.org/community/lists/devel/2012/02/10417.php
PPC64/XLC: http://www.open-mpi.org/community/lists/devel/2012/02/10603.php
If there *is* interest in these, let me know if there is any assistance
I can lend.

-Paul

On 2/28/2012 12:44 PM, Jeffrey Squyres wrote:
> There is a serious chilled water issue at IU right now; all non-essential servers (including Open MPI's nightly build server) have been turned off. So we have no new "official" 1.5.5 RC, and no new nightlies will be produced until further notice.
>
> However, to keep the 1.5.5 release train going, I've made an "unofficial" 1.5.5rc3 and posted it in the usual location:
>
> http://www.open-mpi.org/software/ompi/v1.5/
>
> Note that since there are no nightly tarballs, this rc will be farther along than the latest 1.5 nightly until the nightlies are resumed.
>
> Changes since 1.5.5rc2:
>
> - Removed the ofud BTL
> - Updates to README and some copyright notices
> - Fix the lt_dladvise search that caused VPATH weirdness
> - Removed the pcie mpool
> - Bring in some upstream hwloc v1.3 fixes
> - VT updates:
> - non-GNU compiler _FORTIFY_SOURCE fixes
> - VT-specific CXXFLAGS
> - BlueGene fixes
> - Fix processor affinity for some old/weird platforms

Future Technologies Group