Subject: [OMPI devel] Open MPI nightly tarballs suspended / 1.5.5rc3
From: Jeffrey Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-02-28 15:44:52

There is a serious chilled water issue at IU right now; all non-essential servers (including Open MPI's nightly build server) have been turned off. So we have no new "official" 1.5.5 RC, and no new nightlies will be produced until further notice.

However, to keep the 1.5.5 release train going, I've made an "unofficial" 1.5.5rc3 and posted it in the usual location:

    http://www.open-mpi.org/software/ompi/v1.5/

Note that since there are no nightly tarballs, this rc will be farther along than the latest 1.5 nightly until the nightlies are resumed.

Changes since 1.5.5rc2:

- Removed the ofud BTL
- Updates to README and some copyright notices
- Fix the lt_dladvise search that caused VPATH weirdness
- Removed the pcie mpool
- Bring in some upstream hwloc v1.3 fixes
- VT updates:
  - non-GNU compiler _FORTIFY_SOURCE fixes
  - VT-specific CXXFLAGS
  - BlueGene fixes
- Fix processor affinity for some old/weird platforms