Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] 1.5 supported systems
From: David Singleton (David.Singleton_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-02-24 17:07:40

I dont see any problem with indicating that Open MPI hasn't (knowingly)
broken compatibility with Open PBS (which we all agree is not changing).
Some of us run our own version of PBS derived from Open PBS. If the
Torque and PBSPro tm interfaces were ever changed and Open MPI was
changed to only work with those interfaces, it would be good to know.

Cheers,
David

On 02/24/2012 09:57 PM, Jeffrey Squyres wrote:
> Fair point, though -- Open PBS has bit-rotted a lot since then. It *should* work with Open MPI, but I don't think anyone has actually tested with it in years. I'll remove it.
>
> On Feb 23, 2012, at 10:53 PM, Ralph Castain wrote:
>
>> OpenPBS, PBS Pro, and Torque are all identical from our perspective - the launcher code is the same.
>>

>> On Feb 23, 2012, at 8:41 PM, Christopher Samuel wrote:

    Dr David Singleton               ANU Supercomputer Facility
    HPC Systems Manager              and NCI National Facility
    David.Singleton_at_[hidden]       Leonard Huxley Bldg (No. 56)
    Phone: +61 2 6125 4389           Australian National University
    Fax:   +61 2 6125 8199           Canberra, ACT, 0200, Australia