Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] v1.5 build failure w/ Solaris Studio 12.2 on Linux
From: Paul H. Hargrove (PHHargrove_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-02-21 19:39:22

A few things to note:

1) This is NOT a problem w/ the SS12.3 compilers on the same machine.
So, one could say "upgrade your compiler" (a free download) and not
delay 1.5.5 for this issue.

2) This is ONLY a problem on Linux, and not on Solaris (both SS12.2 and
SS12.3 tested for x86, x86-64, Sparc/v9 and Sparc/v8plus)

3) Testing the trunk I DON'T see the problem with either SS12.2 or SS12.3.
This is interesting, because it probably means that a u_char definition
is SOMEWHERE in the headers (because libevent *is* getting built).

Whatever else may be done, I think this should be fixed "properly"
(whatever that may equate to) for 1.6.
The way I see it now, it feels like OMPI is getting a definition of
u_char only "by accident".

-Paul

--
Paul H. HargrovePHHargrove_at_[hidden]