Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] flex warning from flex-2.5.4
From: Paul H. Hargrove (PHHargrove_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-02-20 18:12:26

Ralph,

Are you sure this is a flex-generated file?
I am looking at opal/util/show_help_lex.l in the svn trunk and it
certainly looks human-generated to me.
Please clue me in if I am missing something.

The warning is from flex when processing the .l file, NOT from the
compilation of the flex-generated .c file.

-Paul

On 2/19/2012 7:55 PM, Ralph Castain wrote:
> We get that everywhere, unfortunately - it comes from flex and is outside our control as the file it complains about is actually generated by flex itself. Unfortunately, flex is no longer maintained, and so nothing has been done to correct it.
>

> On Feb 19, 2012, at 8:47 PM, Paul H. Hargrove wrote:
>
>> I've not checked any other systems, but building the trunk on OpenBSD and FreeBSD (w/ flex-2.5.4) I see the following:
>>> LEX show_help_lex.c
>>> "[srcdir]/opal/util/show_help_lex.l", line 65: warning, dangerous trailing context
>> I found this message in the flex documentation, and it mentions that the POSIX draft for LEX leaves such cases undefined.
>> http://flex.sourceforge.net/manual/Limitations.html
>>
>> -Paul
>>
>> --
>> Paul H. Hargrove PHHargrove_at_[hidden]
>> Future Technologies Group
>> HPC Research Department Tel: +1-510-495-2352
>> Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory Fax: +1-510-486-6900

Future Technologies Group