Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] VT build failure with Clang++
From: Paul H. Hargrove (PHHargrove_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-02-15 22:22:33

Dmitri,

Since I have not seen any error like this from gcc, pgi, pathcc, xlc,
icc, open64 or suncc, I am pretty sure the problem is Clang-specific
even if not a true "bug" in Clang.

I just test everything I can get my hands on and report what I find.
If there is not a simple fix for this then it is not a big deal YET.
However, it is widely expected that Apple will move to a Clang-only (no
gcc/g++) release of Xcode as soon as they are able.
So, it *might* become a concern in the near future.

So, how should we proceed on this?

-Paul

On 2/15/2012 8:38 AM, Dmitri Gribenko wrote:
> I don't know if it is a Clang bug, but here's my understanding of the problem.
[...excellent description removed...]

> I'm not sure if this is a bug in Clang because I don't know if Clang
> should have tried to instantiate create().
>
> Dmitri

Future Technologies Group