Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] 1.5.5rc2r25906 test results
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-02-13 17:39:19

On Feb 12, 2012, at 4:52 AM, Paul Hargrove wrote:

> I just tried tonight's nightly tarball for the 1.5 branch (1.5.5rc2r25906).
> I found the following issues, which I wad previously reported against 1.5.5rc1, for which I did NOT find a corresponding ticket in "report/15". My apologies is I've missed a ticket, or if any of these were deferred to 1.6.x (as was Lion+PGI, for instance).

Many thanks for being persistent. OMPI 1.4.5 is just about done, and we've pretty much stuck a fork in hwloc 1.3.2, so my sights are now turning back to getting OMPI 1.5.5 out the door (it's still blocking on hwloc 1.3.2, but that's darn close).

I fixed all of these on the trunk and filed CMR https://svn.open-mpi.org/trac/ompi/ticket/3013 to bring them to the v1.5 branch.

> + MacOS 10.4 on ppc fails linking libvt-mpi.la (multiply defined symbols)
> Reported in http://www.open-mpi.org/community/lists/devel/2011/12/10090.php
> My MacOS 10.4/x86 machine is down, but I don't believe it had this problem w/ rc1.

I pinged the VT guys about this, and filed https://svn.open-mpi.org/trac/ompi/ticket/3014 about it. I won't be heartbroken if this slips to v1.6 (I actually filed it as a v1.6 bug).

For corporate legal information go to: